12-year-old Spice Overdose and 88 Others

12-year-old Spice Overdose and 88 Others

Officials say a 12-year-old boy has been hospitalized after showing symptoms of an overdose of a synthetic drug called spice.

KTVA-TV reports that authorities responded Saturday after receiving a call about a boy who had possibly taken spice and overdosed. Anchorage Police Department spokeswoman Jennifer Castro says they boy was spotted in the road vomiting and speaking gibberish.

Anchorage police have responded to more than 90 spice-related calls since July 31, with nine over the weekend. They are investigating the recent spike in Spice use.

Spice was once sold in gas stations and convenience stores and marketed as incense or potpourri. City and state lawmakers have banned the drug.

See Full Story at KTOO

Number of synthetic drug hospitalizations in Anchorage climbs to 88

 

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.